Why is it important to have healthcare for your business and its employees?
Protecting your employees can help you combat absence, have a positive impact on employee engagement and retain your most important asset: your people.
Healthcare doesn't just have to be medical insurance. There are a number of options that fall under the healthcare banner such as; health cash plans, dental insurance, wellness days and even products that can help to reduce your employees everyday shopping costs.
In terms of major conditions, musculoskeletal conditions and stress are the major causes of workplace absence. This means having a suitable strategy to manage and promote workplace wellbeing is imperative.
- 137.3 million days were lost due to sickness or injury in the UK in 2016, with nearly 25% lost due to musculoskeletal problems such as back pain, neck and upper limb problems. Mental health conditions attributed to 11.5% of lost working time. (1)
- 86% realise the positive impacts on their health when using wellbeing programmes (2)
- 75% of employers rate productivity as a reason to offer employee benefits (2)
- Addressing financial and mental health concerns reduces absenteeism and maximizes focus at the workplace (2)
- Good benefits communication can help retain staff. Employees looking to move jobs put ‘improving benefits’ second on the list of reasons they would consider staying (2)
Pinnacle Healthcare can advise you on a range of options from a simple cash plan policy to a full wellbeing programme.
Your wellbeing programme.
Managing employee wellbeing through an effective programme of benefits will help to manage the health of the employees and manage the cost to the business over the longer term.
Q. I already have healthcare, but I am interested in a wellbeing programme, what other products can I get?
A. There are a number of other products and policies available which may compliment your current arrangements and we'll undertake a thorough review of your current benefit structure and advise you accordingly.
Q. I don't have any policies, but have been looking at what we can get. What do I do now?
A. There are a number of ways to buy healthcare products. The benefit of using an independent intermediary such as Pinnacle Healthcare is that we will assess your needs and then make our recommendations, giving you the choice of product and insurer. We'll also negotiate premiums on your behalf, we take responsibility for the advice and we'll be your partner during the policy year.
Q. I'd like to use Pinnacle Healthcare to look after my healthcare policies, can you help?
A. We'd be delighted to work with you and in most cases we can. Transferring is a straightforward process and we can talk this through with you - just click here to contact us
(1) ONS - March 2017
(2) Metlife Employee Benefits Trend Study 2017